- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) package pre-cooked chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, cubed, boiled until tender and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus 1 pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 eggs
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Heat canola oil in a 12-inch nonstick or cast iron saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and peppers, cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo, potatoes, garlic, and cilantro stirring carefully as to not break up the potatoes, cook 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl whisk eggs with a pinch of salt until well blended. Add eggs to the pan with the chorizo mixture. Stir gently with a heatproof spatula, allowing the bottom to cook, pulling away at the sides to allow the egg on top to run underneath as if cooking an omelet.
When eggs are mostly set but still a little runny place pan in oven for about 5 minutes until set and slightly puffed and brown on top.
Remove from oven. Cut into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.