- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups multi-grain panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon, quartered, plus 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Combine the buttermilk and hot sauce in a shallow bowl. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper and submerge in the buttermilk mixture.
Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and a pinch each of salt and black pepper in a shallow dish. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk mixture, letting the excess drip off, and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated. Lay the pieces flat on a nonstick baking sheet and refrigerate, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the chicken until just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Divide the chicken among 4 plates and squeeze the lemon over the chicken.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.