Buttered Rooted Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 pound turnips, split into halves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped fresh herbs, like chervil, parsley and thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the olive oil and butter into a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and toss to coat them well with the fat; season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Add butter and toss until incorporated. To serve, pour vegetables in a large bowl and shower with mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.