Chili Lime Spice Mix for Chips
- Spice mix:
- 1/2 dried ancho chile, seeded and hand-torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bags of your favorite potato chips (recommended: Terra brand mixed root chips, kettle cooked potato chips)
- 2 limes, grated on a microplane
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine spice ingredients in a spice grinder and grind until you have a fine powder.
Take 2 large cookie sheets and spread chips out evenly. Place in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes, until they are just warmed through and release some of their oil (this will help the spice mixture stick). Sprinkle spice mix over the warm chips - or toss chips and spice mixture together in a very large mixing bowl. Grate fresh lime zest over the top and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence