- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon preserved lemon rind, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup currants
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
In a small saucepan, combine broth, quinoa, bay leaf, turmeric, salt, pepper and olive oil in a saucepan. Stir in preserved lemon and cover. Simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off heat. Add tomato, artichokes, onion, olives and currants, mix well to combine. Top with mint and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.