Salt and Pepper Shrimp
- 2 quarts peanut oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 cups for dredging
- 2 pounds large prawns, shelled and deveined, with tail attached
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups chilled soda water
- 2 tablespoons shaved garlic
- 2 tablespoons shredded ginger
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced on a bias angle
- 1 jalepeno pepper, sliced into rounds
- Serving suggestion: fresh lemon wedges
In a large wok, heat the oil over medium-high to 370 degrees F.
Meanwhile, season 2 cups of the flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour.
Working in batches, fry the shrimp in the hot oil, turning them once, until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes per batch. Remove the shrimp from the oil and drain them on paper towels. While they are still hot, sprinkle the shrimp generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer the shrimp to a serving tray.
When the shrimp are cooked, carefully pour off all but 1/2 cup of the oil. Add the garlic, ginger, green onions and jalapeno and fry until crispy. Spoon the seasoning over the shrimp and serve immediately accompanied by lemon wedges.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Salt-and-Pepper Buffalo Shrimp with Blue Cheese and Celery, Shrimp and Salt Cod Ravioli with Yellow Pepper Romesco Sauce, Salt and Pepper Brussels Sprouts, Easy Main Dish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.