Spaghetti with Summer Squash, Tomatoes, and Grilled Shrimp
- 4 servings
- Kosher salt
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 summer squash, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- Grilled Shrimp, recipe follows
- Grilled Shrimp:
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 large head-on Jumbo shrimp in the shell, shells split down the back
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat for the spaghetti.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the squashes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and give it all a good toss. Dump that out onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until the squash is tender and caramelized. Scrape the vegetables into a large pasta bowl and cover with a plate to keep everything warm.
The pasta water should be boiling by now. Add the spaghetti and stir to separate the strands. Cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente.
To finish, scoop out about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water, drain the pasta, and toss gently with the roasted vegetables and Grilled Shrimp. Add the pasta water if needed.Grilled Shrimp:
Heat a large outdoor grill and wipe down with oiled paper towel to create a nonstick surface. Add chopped garlic to 1/2 cup oil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and place on grill. Baste with garlic-olive oil and grill 3 minutes each side basting as you go.
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray