Vine-ripe Tomato Salad with Queso Fresco, Cilantro, and Serrano
- 2 large round tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Slice tomatoes about 1/4-inch thick and arrange on a plate with the sliced onions. Place the sliced chile alongside the tomatoes and sprinkle the cilantro on top and around the plate. Crumble the queso fresco on top.
In a bowl combine the oregano, oil, and vinegar and mix well. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top just before serving. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron Sanchez
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray