- 2 medium red onions, sliced as thinly as possible
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup ricotta salata cheese (feta is a good alterative)
- 4 cups large diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives (or other quality ripe olive)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed, fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Marinate the onions in the lemon juice overnight, refrigerated. Toast the cheese under the broiler until black, then cool and shred. Combine the marinated onions with the cheese, and remaining ingredients. Mix gently, but completely and serve immediately.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.