"We Need to Talk" Chocolate Pizza
- 1/2 recipe Basic Pizza Dough, recipe follows
- Milk chocolate chunks, for topping
- White chocolate chunks, for topping
- Mini marshmallows, for topping
- Banana slices, for topping
- Peanut butter, for topping
- Chocolate covered candies, for topping (recommended: M&M's)
- Basic Pizza Dough:
- Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, 2008
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast (recommended: RapidRise)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for bowl
- Cornmeal, for pan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place pizza into oven for 3 to 5 minutes to melt the chocolate and marshmallows.Basic Pizza Dough:
Preheat oven at 450 degrees F.
Measure out 1 3/4 cups warm water (it should be pleasantly warm on your wrist). Sprinkle the yeast on top of the water and allow it to activate, about 10 minutes.
Put the salt and 2 cups of the flour into a food processor. Pulse 5 times to blend. Pour in the yeast and water and pulse 5 times. Add the olive oil. Add the remaining flour 1 cup at a time, pulsing and scraping the sides of the bowl until well blended. As soon as the mixture is combined, dump it out onto a well-floured board and knead for 15 turns, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
Place the dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, until doubled in size, then punch it down. Divide it in half; each half will make 1 (12-inch) pizza.
Cook's Note: If using only half dough, freeze the other half. Place the dough in a resealable freezer bag. To thaw, remove the bag from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Roll the dough out while cold then allow it to come to room temperature before adding toppings.
Yield: 2 (12-inch) pizzas
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 16 to 18 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 55 minutes