West Indian Curried Crab and Lobster Cakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Javin curry blend, may vary if using Madras curry
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound crabmeat, jumbo lump
- 1/2 pound spiny lobster, cooked and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine everything in a mixing bowl except the crabmeat, lobster, and panko. Taste the mixture for seasoning. Gently fold in crabmeat and lobster, careful not to break up crabmeat too much. Fold in panko, adding enough so that the mixture is not too tight.
Cook 1 crab cake and taste. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Form into 2 1/2-ounce cakes. Saute on both sides until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy Ortanique on the Mile
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse