Wild Salmon Ceasar
- 8 (4-ounce) portions Alaskan sockeye salmon, skin removed, pin bones removed
- Lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 6 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced plus 2 tomatoes, sliced, for garnish
- 8 ounces diced red onion, plus 2 ounces, for garnish
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola blue cheese crumbles
- Caesar dressing, commercial or homemade
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 ounces crispy fried onion strips or store-bought fried onions (recommended: French's Original French Fried Onions)
Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
In the meantime, in a large bowl or platter toss chopped romaine, sliced tomato, red onion and blue cheese crumbles with enough Caesar dressing to coat the salad. Top the salad with remaining tomato and red onion. Place salmon over the salad, garnish with lemon slices and crispy fried onion strips.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Oren Combs of Front Street Ale House
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay