- Canola oil spray
- 6 thick-cut slices good quality bacon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 cups prepared pancake batter
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a cupcake pan with canola oil spray.
Prepare a broiler pan and place the bacon on the pan. Cook until well crisped, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. Mix the chives into the pancake batter and pour into the cupcake tins so that they are 3/4 full. Bake for 12 minutes.
Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack, about 10 minutes. Frost each cupcake with the bacon icing and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.