Bake Me Crazy Chicken with Gravy
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Tarragon Pan Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock, cold
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Dash sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil.
Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Put the chicken, skin side down, into the hot oil and sear until nicely browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and sear for an additional minute. Remove from pan and arrange them on a quarter sheet tray with a rack. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven to a cutting board and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing
For the sauce:
In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the butter. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the flour to form a pasty roux. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Turn heat down to medium. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well. Add the sherry vinegar and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken the sauce. Stir in the chopped parsley and tarragon. Transfer the sliced chicken to serving plates and drizzle with the sauce.