Big Daddy's Kick'n Chicken Salad
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) roasted chicken*, skin and bones discarded, meat diced small
- 4 red jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, greens only
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- For the sandwich:
- 4 to 6 fresh croissants, split
- Lettuce, to garnish
- Tomato, to garnish
*Cook's Note: Use Big Daddy's Downtown Roasted Chicken recipe, if desired.
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until well incorporated and evenly distributed. Assemble the sandwiches by layering the chicken salad, lettuce, and tomato. Serve.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.