Funked Out Bloody Mary
- 4 cups ice
- 4 cups low-sodium spicy vegetable juice (recommended: V-8)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons pickled okra juice, plus whole okra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons green olive juice, plus whole olives for garnish
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups good quality vodka, chilled
- Pinch of smoked salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 celery sticks, for garnish
- Whole chives, for garnish
Fill a large pitcher with the ice. Combine the vegetable juice, horseradish, okra juice, olive juice, hot sauce and vodka. Season with smoked salt and pepper. Fill 4 glasses with the juice. Garnish with a dash of hot sauce, 1 celery stick, some green olives, 1 piece of pickled okra and some chives. Sprinkle with smoked salt, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray