Sweet Pea Salad and Ricotta Cheese Crostini
- 2 cups fresh sweet peas
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 loaf focaccia bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch thin squares
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
Preheat grill to medium.
Brush focaccia squares with remaining oil. Grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until well marked. Remove from the grill to a serving platter. Spread ricotta cheese on each square and top with sweet pea salad.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray