- Canola spray
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1/2 cup green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 slices good quality bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/4 cups Cheddar, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a small casserole dish by spraying with canola spray.
Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook on medium, turning once, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
Cut off the top third of the cooked potatoes. Scoop out the insides and place into a medium bowl. Add the green onions and mash together. Add the garlic, bacon, 1 cups cheese, salt, pepper and sour cream. Mix together well.
Nestle the hollowed out potatoes in the prepared dish. Evenly divide the potato mixture among the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Place the potatoes into the oven and cook, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.