- 6 jumbo eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 slices brioche bread, about 1/2-inch thick
- 6 ounces apple pie filling
- 6 ounces cherry pie filling
- Cooking spray
- Powdered sugar, for topping
Preheat indoor grill or griddle.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, pinch of salt and sugar until well combined.
Lay 6 slices of bread out and lightly brush egg mixture around edges. Press a "pocket" in the middle of each slice of bread for the filling. Heap 2 teaspoons of apple or cherry pie filling in the middle of each bread pocket.
Take remaining 6 slices and brush the edges with egg mixture. Place on top of bread with filling and seal edges with fingers.
Dip stuffed bread in the egg mixture and place on sprayed griddle; cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or powdered sugar