AH, HA! Mac N Cheese
- Salt, as needed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup processed cheese (recommended: Velveeta)
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half, divided
- 3 cups grated sharp yellow Cheddar, plus 1 cup
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp white Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated Swiss Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Muenster cheese
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water and a tablespoon of oil to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the processed cheese, butter, and 2 cups of half-and-half in a large bowl.
Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining 4 cups of half-and-half, 3 cups of sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining grated cheeses, and seasoning salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.
Pour mixture into 4 au gratin dishes, with the remainder in a casserole, and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of sharp yellow Cheddar cheese on top and place under broiler until golden brown. Serve hot.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.