Grilled Onions and Mushrooms with Limed Sour Cream
- 1 cup plain sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch slices
- Vegetable oil, for brushing the vegetables
Combine sour cream, juice, zest, salt and pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl. Store, covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
When grill pan is heated, add onions cut side down and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add mushrooms and grill until charred and soft, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with sour cream sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.