Grilled Onions and Mushrooms with Limed Sour Cream
- 1 cup plain sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch slices
- Vegetable oil, for brushing the vegetables
Combine sour cream, juice, zest, salt and pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl. Store, covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
When grill pan is heated, add onions cut side down and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add mushrooms and grill until charred and soft, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with sour cream sauce.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Boneless Sirloin and Vidalia Onion Skewers, Onion-Ringed Fried Chicken, Wild About You Salad: Wild Mushroom Salad with Thyme and Heart of Romaine, Fried Rice Recipes, Sauteed Mushroom Recipes, Saffron Rice Recipes, Applesauce Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Mushroom Side Dish Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.