No Recipe Recipe: Smoky Veggie Chili
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Yellow onion, roughly chopped
- Carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 (15.1/2-ounce) cans kidney or pinto beans
- Dried herbs and spices - dried oregano, cumin, coriander, chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- Few cups water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Avocado, sour cream, and cheese, for garnish
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften. Add the beans, oregano, and spices of your choice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until you can smell all your spices. Add the tomatoes with juices, water, and cilantro, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a large serving bowl and serve with avocado, sour cream, and cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.