Simple Side Salad with Lemon-Honey Dressing
- 5 ounces English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces red leaf lettuce, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lightly packed lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine cucumber and lettuce in a bowl and, using clean hands, toss to mix thoroughly.
Mix remaining ingredients in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, close, and shake until well combined. Pour over greens and toss until lettuce is well coated with dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp