Swiss Cheeseburger Sliders
- Vegetable oil, for brushing and coating grill
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 thin slices Swiss cheese, cut into small squares to fit the sliders
- 8 slider buns, halved and toasted
- Toppings Bar, optional:
- Crisp bacon
- Chive sour cream
- Honey mustard
- Mayonnaise and ketchup mixture (1/2 mayonnaise, 1/2 ketchup)
- Dill pickles
- Grilled pineapple slices
- Mango salsa
- BBQ sauce
- Black bean salsa
- Pico de gallo salsa
Heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat (350 degrees F) and rub the grate with a towel dipped in oil.
In a large bowl, mix together the meat, salt, and pepper until well combined. Shape into 8 (1/4-inch thick) patties and brush the patties with vegetable oil.
Cook the patties until browned on first side, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip, top with cheese, close grill top and cook until cheese is melted and patty is cooked through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. If you are using a grill pan, tent the burgers with foil to melt the cheese.
Serve the patties on the slider buns with optional toppings.
Recipe courtesy Aida Mollenkamp