Arugula and Strawberry Salad
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 generous pint fresh strawberries, washed, dried and split lengthwise
- Sprinkle poppy seeds
My first exciting afternoon was spent at Mountain Sweet Berry Farm in Roscoe, New York: A bunch of us chefs sat in awe as Rick Bishop drove us around the property in his car and pointed out all of the wondrous things growing there. The arugula was beautiful. A few rows away stood the rows of tiny strawberries. The choice was clear. A salad formed in my head: one that would showcase how delicious strawberries can be when used outside of the "dessert" realm.
Toss the arugula leaves in the dressing, add the strawberries and poppy seeds and gently mix. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson