- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus 1 teaspoon for the pan
- 4 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a 6-cup popover pan with the 1 teaspoon of butter.
Combine the 1 tablespoon of butter, the flour, salt, eggs and milk in a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds.
Divide the batter evenly among the cups of the popover pan, filling each one-third to one-half full. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes, taking care not to open the oven door. Remove the popovers to a cooling rack and pierce each one in the top with a knife to allow steam to escape. Serve warm.
Photograph by David Malosh