Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Cranberries
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, rinsed and trimmed
- 3 ounces coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped dried cranberries
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Set a 10-inch straight-sided saute pan over medium-high heat and add the pecans. Cook, stirring continually, until the pecans darken in color and begin to give off a toasted aroma, approximately 2 minutes. Add the butter to the pan and stir to combine. Once the butter has melted, add the Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and cook, stirring continually, until the color brightens and the sprouts are just tender, approximately 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add the cranberries, toss and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2008