- 1 pound butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- Dough scraper
- Standing mixer
- Parchment paper or plastic wrap
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Chop the butter into uniform chunks using the dough scraper.
Place the oil into the food processor and add the chives. Process until the chives are finely chopped. Add the remaining herbs and blend until the herbs have colored the oil. Using the whisk attachment, whip the butter in the mixer?s work bowl at medium speed until it softens and lightens in color, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the herb oil to the butter and beat for another 2 minutes until oil is fully incorporated. Remove butter from bowl and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll into a log, using the edge of a baking sheet to form a tight log. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown