Leftover Baked Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced leeks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock, hot
- 4 large leftover baked potatoes, halved. pulp scooped out and put through a ricer
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced chives
In a large saucepot, over high heat melt the butter and add the leeks and garlic. Cook over medium heat until they are translucent. Add the hot stock and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the riced potatoes, buttermilk, sour cream, and grated Parmesan. Add this mixture to the soup stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add the Sherry vinegar.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.