- 5 ounces (about 1 1/4 cups) coarsely ground, roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vegetable oil, for brushing foil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the nuts, panko, flour, and butter. Set aside.
Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and brush it liberally with vegetable oil. Place the mahi mahi on the foil and sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper on both sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush each fillet with the coconut milk. Divide the nut mixture among the tops of the 4 fillets, patting the mixture to spread and adhere to the fillets. Return to the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.