- 1 pound small fingerling potatoes
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 small thyme bundle
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 quart extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
In a medium saucepan combine the fingerlings, fennel, red onions, garlic, thyme and bay. Add olive oil to cover. Season with salt.
Bring the pan to a medium heat and cook VERY gently for 45 minutes. Strain the veggies from the oil, reserving the oil for another use.
Season the veggies with more salt if needed and garnish with the chives. Serve hot.