Shrimp Fried Rice
- Canola oil
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 5 scallions, whites chopped and greens thinly sliced,separated
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut intoquarters
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Chinese sausage
- 1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup edamame beans
- One 2-ounce can water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal
- 1/2 teaspoon XO sauce
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup white rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 egg
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
To a wok over medium-high heat, add a light coating of oil. Add half of the ginger, garlic and scallion whites to flavor the oil. Add the shrimp, sausage, cabbage, edamame and water chestnuts, tossing to heat through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sambal, XO sauce and sprouts. Cook for 1 minute until the shrimp is pink. Move all to a bowl.
Add another light coating of oil to the wok. Add the remaining half of the ginger, garlic and scallion whites to flavor the oil. Add the rice and spread around the wok to toast and get crispy. Add a little more oil to encourage golden-ness, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Season with a splash of vinegar and soy. Add the sauteed shrimp and vegetables back into the wok. Toss in your scallion greens and place onto a plate.
To the same wok, turn the burner down, add the egg and cook, 1 to 2 minutes. Place the fried egg on top of the plate. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.