How to make stuffed potatoes: Bake 4 russet or sweet potatoes, 10 fingerlings or 12 new potatoes at 400 degrees F until tender — 1 hour for russets, 50 minutes for sweet potatoes and 30 minutes for fingerlings and new potatoes. Split open, fluff contents with a fork and stuff as desired.
1. Caramelized Onion Cook 1 large thinly sliced onion in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until caramelized, 30 minutes. Spoon onto baked potatoes. Top with sour cream.
2. Mushroom-Onion Prepare Caramelized Onion Stuffed Potatoes (No. 1). Saute 2 cups sliced mushrooms in olive oil until soft; add chopped dill and salt. Spoon onto the potatoes; top with the onion, sour cream and more dill.
3. French Onion Cook 1 onion as for Caramelized Onion Stuffed Potatoes (No. 1). Scoop the flesh out of 4 baked potatoes and mash with the onion, 1/4 cup beef broth and 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère. Stuff into the skins, top with more cheese and broil to melt.
4. Cheddar-Chive Scoop the flesh out of 4 baked potatoes; mash with 1/4 cup each butter, sour cream and chopped chives, and 2/3 cup grated cheddar. Stuff into the skins; top with more cheese and broil to melt.
5. Sloppy Joe Saute 1 chopped onion and 1 bell pepper in olive oil; add 1 pound ground beef and brown. Add 1 cup each tomato sauce and water, 1 tablespoon each brown sugar and cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon cumin; simmer until thick. Spoon onto baked potatoes.
6. Bacon and Egg Top each baked potato with butter, 2 slices cooked bacon and a fried egg. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Pizza Scoop the flesh out of 4 baked potatoes. Mash with 3/4 cup tomato sauce; stuff into the skins. Top with sliced pepperoni, shredded mozzarella, Parmesan and oregano. Broil to melt.
8. Brie-Ham Cook 4 ounces diced ham in olive oil until browned. Spoon onto baked potatoes and top with sliced brie. Warm in a 400 degrees F oven to melt; top with chopped parsley and chives.
9. Ham and Swiss Scoop the flesh out of 4 baked potatoes; mash with 1 cup each diced ham and shredded Swiss cheese. Stuff into the skins, top with more cheese and broil to melt.
10. Ricotta-Pancetta Fry 2 ounces chopped pancetta until crisp. Drizzle baked potatoes with olive oil; top with a dollop of ricotta, the pancetta and pepper.