- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil leaves
In a small saucepan combine the vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer over a medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool completely.
In a medium bowl, toss the berries with the basil and the balsamic syrup.
Divide the cheese cream among 4 cocktail glasses, top with the berry mixture and serve.
Serving size: about 1/3 cup cheese cream and 1/2 cup berries
Calories 180; Total Fat 5 g; (Sat Fat 3 g, Mono Fat 1.5 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 8 g; Carb 27 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 80 mg
* Recipe Analysis Note
Ingredients without discrete measurements such as "Salt, to taste" or "Ice cream, optional" are omitted from analysis. This is because amounts can be highly variable and difficult to determine.