Chipotle Sour Cream:
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Black Bean Patties:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- Handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- Squeeze lime juice
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
For the sour cream: Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
For the black beans: Combine the black beans with the onion and garlic cloves. Cover with water and bring to a boil, and then simmer, covered. The beans are ready when they are tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Drain and set aside to cool down. Drain.
For the vegetables: Saute all ingredients in a medium saute pan in the oil over medium-high and set aside to cool down.
Add the beans to the sauteed vegetables and mix in the flour, cumin, salt and pepper, and adobo and form into 6 to 8 patties.
Add enough oil to coat a medium saute pan and place over medium-high heat. Add 2 to 3 patties and cook for about 1 minute, and then turn and sear the other sides for 1 more minute. The patties should have a golden brown crust. Place into the oven for about 4 minutes.
While the patties are in the oven, add enough oil to coat a medium saute pan and place over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper, and wilt. Add the diced tomatoes and toss to warm through.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.