Grapefruit-Campari Cranberry Relish
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh Texas Red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Campari
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 Texas Red grapefruits, segmented
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
Heat the canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the grapefruit and orange juices and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook until the sugar has melted and the mixture reduces slightly.
Stir in half of the cranberries and cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries pop and break down and the mixture begins to thicken. Add the remaining cranberries and Campari and cook just until the berries pop, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the orange zest and grapefruit segments and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, stir in some parsley and serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.