Green Papaya Salad
- 8 ounces string beans
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 large green papayas (1 pound each) peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1/4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the string beans and cook for 2 minutes, plunge into cold water. Drain well and cut each bean in half. Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and remove the seeds. Slice the halves into 1/8-inch strips. Roughly chop all but 2 tablespoons of peanuts. In a bowl toss papaya with the beans, tomatoes, chopped peanuts, fish sauce, lemon and lime juices, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and 3 tablespoons cilantro. Garnish with remaining peanuts and cilantro.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Green Papaya Salad in Lettuce Wraps, Kiawe-Grilled Flank Steak and Spicy Green Papaya Salad, Grilled Tandoori-Spiced Chicken over Green Papaya Salad, Tuna Salad Recipes, Asian Noodle Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Roasted Beet Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.