Grilled Brie and Goat Cheese with Bacon and Green Tomato
- 16 slices center-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices Pullman bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 8 to 12 ounces really good quality brie
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, cut into 8 slices (recommended: Boucheron goat cheese)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a cast iron griddle or cast iron pan over medium heat.
Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Layer 4 of the slices of the bread with 3 to 4 slices of brie, 2 tomato slices, watercress, 2 slices goat cheese, and 4 slices of broken up bacon and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the remaining bread slices on top, butter side up and cook on the griddle until golden brown on both sides and the brie has melted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Gina's Drunken Goat Grilled Cheese, Lobster, Goat Cheese and Scallion Grilled Pizza - California Style Pizza, Blue Cheese and Brie Quesadillas with a Pear and Brown Sugar Compote, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Easy Grilling Recipes