Grilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce and Mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 Asian eggplants, halved lengthwise
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped fresh mint or cilantro leaves
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Make a paste by smashing the garlic with a little salt and add to a small bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, soy, sesame oil, and red chili flakes.
Heat grill to high. Brush eggplant with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until slightly charred and just cooked through. Slice each half into 1/2-inch slices and place on a platter. Drizzle with the vinegar mixture and sprinkle with mint or cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay