- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons habanero powder
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 habanero chile, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, legs and breasts, skin on and bone in
- Canola oil
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Place vinegar and sugar in a medium nonreactive saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the sugar is completely melted and the mixture is reduced by 1/2 and is thick. Carefully transfer the mixture to a blender and add the habanero and mint and blend until smooth. Season with salt. Let the glaze cool to room temperature.
Preheat grill to medium or heat grill pan over medium heat. Rub 1 side of each chicken with 2 tablespoons of the jerk rub and drizzle with canola oil. Grill, rub-side down for 3 to 4 minutes or until a crust has formed, brush with some of the Haberno-Mint Glaze and turn the chicken over and continue grilling for 7 to 8 minutes or until just cooked through. Brush with more of the glaze and serve immediately.