Grilled Oysters with Mango Pico de Gallo and Red Chili Horseradish
- Mango Pico de Gallo:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into very small dice
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut into very small dice
- 1 small jalapeno, cut into very small dice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh recao or cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Red Chili Horseradish:
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 20 oysters, scrubbed well
Make the Mango Pico de Gallo: Mix together the mango, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, honey, and recao or cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
Mix together the horseradish and ancho chili powder in a small bowl. Season with salt, to taste.
Heat grill to high. Dip oysters in water, as this will help them steam open on the grill. Place oysters on the grill, close the cover, and grill until all have opened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard any that do not open. Place a tablespoon of the Mango Pico de Gallo on top of each oyster and top that with a scant teaspoon of the Red Chili Horseradish.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay