Grilled Pork Skewers with Chile Sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 16 pieces
- 16 (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- Chile Sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 fresh Thai red chile, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 shallot, finely diced
Skewer 2 pieces of pork onto 2 skewers so that the meat lies flat. Place the pork skewers in a large baking dish. Pour the marinade over and turn to coat the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Heat grill to high. Remove the skewers from the marinade and grill the meat on both sides until slightly charred and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with Chili Sauce on the side for dipping.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
Per Serving: Calories: 267; Total Fat: 4 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 39 grams; Total carbohydrates: 19 grams; Sugar: 11 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 111 milligrams; Sodium: 2860 milligrams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.