Grilled Shrimp Escabeche
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp (21 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper<
- 1 large red onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons torn cilantro leaves
Heat your grill to high. Toss the shrimp in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a clean medium bowl.
Heat 1/3 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, and serrano chiles and cook until soft. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and cook for 1 minute. Add the vinegar, bay leaves, and cilantro and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and immediately pour over the shrimp and stir to coat. Let cool to room temperature, cover, and then refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring a few times during that time. Transfer the escabeche, with a slotted spoon, to a platter and garnish with sliced radishes and torn cilantro.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Spice-Rubbed Shrimp "Nicoise" Salad, Mint Marinated Grilled Shrimp Tabbouleh Salad, Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers with Piquillo Gazpacho, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes, Coconut Shrimp Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.