Grilled Shrimp Escabeche
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp (21 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper<
- 1 large red onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons torn cilantro leaves
Heat your grill to high. Toss the shrimp in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a clean medium bowl.
Heat 1/3 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, and serrano chiles and cook until soft. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and cook for 1 minute. Add the vinegar, bay leaves, and cilantro and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and immediately pour over the shrimp and stir to coat. Let cool to room temperature, cover, and then refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring a few times during that time. Transfer the escabeche, with a slotted spoon, to a platter and garnish with sliced radishes and torn cilantro.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Shrimp with Grapefruit BBQ Sauce, Grilled Spice-Rubbed Shrimp "Nicoise" Salad, Charcoal Grilled Shrimp and Calamari with Grilled Lemons and Smoked Tomato-Black Olive Relish, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Cocktail Party, Saucepan, Crawfish, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.