Grilled Steak with Garlic and Hot Pepper Marinade with Roasted Tomatoes with Cabrales Blue Cheese
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 head garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 red bell pepper, roasted, quartered, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 yellow bell pepper, roasted, quartered, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 poblano pepper, roasted, quartered, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 4 whole New Mexico red chiles, coarsely chopped
- 4 whole ancho chiles, coarsely chopped
- 8 New York strip steaks, 10 ounces each
- Garlic and Hot Pepper Marinade
- Salt and pepper
- Roasted Tomatoes with Cabrales Blue Cheese:
- 16 plum tomates, halved
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cabrales blue cheese
DirectionsFor the Marinade:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
For the steaks:
Place the steaks in a large shallow baking dish. Pour 1/2 of the marinade over the steaks and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover the remaining marinade and place in the refrigerator. One hour before cooking the steaks, remove marinade from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Heat a grill pan over high heat until smoking or heat up an outdoor grill Remove steaks from the marinade, discard marinade, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare doneness. Use the other 1/2 of the marinade to serve with the steaks.
For the Roasted Tomatoes:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tomatoes in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast until soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. During last 5 minutes of cooking sprinkle the blue cheese over the tomatoes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.