Healthy Pasta with Spicy Crab
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Fresno chiles, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente, drained, 1 cup of the pasta cooking water reserved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the canola oil in a large high-sided saute pan over medium heat. Add the chiles and garlic and cook until soft and the garlic is pale golden brown. Add the wine and cook until reduced. Add the crab and cook until just heated through.
Add the pasta and some of the cooking water to the pan and cook for another minute. Stir in the parsley, dill, mint, lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay