Lobster-Pinto Bean Salad
- Molasses-Mustard Dressing:
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons clover honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Bean Salad:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 3/4 pound pinto beans, soaked overnight, cooked until tender and drained well
- 1 1/2 cups grilled chopped lobster meat
- Mustard-Molasses Dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine the molasses, water, vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the onion and carrot and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the beans and lobster and cook until slightly heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, add the dressing and parsley and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay