Marinated Short Ribs with Grilled Scallion & Mint Salad
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, short ribs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed
- Peanut oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, mizuna or watercress
Whisk together soy, oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the ginger in a baking dish. Add the ribs and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Heat grill to high. Season ribs with salt and pepper and grill about 3 to 4 minutes per side, until tender. Brush the onions with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until tender.
Whisk together the vinegar, remaining tablespoon of ginger, honey, sesame oil and olive oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coarsely chop the green onions and add to the bowl. Add mint leaves, mizuna and or watercress and toss to coat.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Herb Mesa