Mini Open Faced Steak Sandwiches on Garlic Bread with Aged Provolone and Parsley Oil
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
- 12 slices French bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 6 slices aged provolone cheese, halved lengthwise, cut 1/4-inch thick
- Steak, recipe follows
- Parsley oil, recipe follows
- 1 boneless rib-eye, about 16 ounces
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Heat the grill. Mix together the butter and garlic puree and season with salt and pepper.
Brush 1 side of the bread with a tablespoon of the butter and place on the grill, butter side down and grill until golden brown; turn over, top with the cheese and grill for 30 seconds longer or until the cheese melts.
Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Heat grill to high.
Brush steak on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling to medium-rare doneness. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Mix together ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay