Pan Roasted Black Sea Bass with Cauliflower-Almond Sauce with White Truffle Butter
- 4 (7 ounce) black sea bass fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cauliflower Sauce, recipe follows
- 8 ounces haricots verts, trimmed and steamed or blanched
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Cauliflower Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fish stock
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white truffle butter, recipe follows
- White Truffle Butter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season bass on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear the fish, skin-down, until golden brown. Turn over and place the pan in the oven and cook for 4 to 5 minutes for medium doneness.
Ladle Cauliflower Sauce into the bottom of 4 shallow wide bowls. Divide the haricots verts evenly and place a layer of haricots verts side by side on top of the sauce in each bowl. Place a bass fillet on top of the haricots verts, and ladle a little more of the sauce over. Sprinkle with chives.Cauliflower Sauce:
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes (do not let onions, garlic, or cauliflower obtain any color). Add wine and cook until reduced. Add fish stock and just enough water to cover the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is completely cooked through and soft.
Transfer the mixture to a food processor add almonds, and process until smooth. Strain the mixture into a medium saucepan and place on the stove over medium heat. Whisk in the cream and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter and cook until melted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.White Truffle Butter:
Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Scrape into a ramekin, cover and let chill in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.