Perfectly Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 8 ears corn
- Kosher salt
- BBQ Butter, recipe follows
- Herb Butter, recipe follows
- BBQ Butter:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Herb Butter:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs ( basil, chives or tarragon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the grill to medium.
Pull the outer husks down the ear to the base. Strip away the silk from each ear of corn by hand. Fold husks back into place, and place the ears of corn in a large bowl of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 10 minutes.
Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender when pierced with a paring knife. Remove the husks and eat on the cob or remove the kernels. Serve with the BBQ Butter and/or Herb Butter. Spread over the corn while hot.BBQ Butter:
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over high heat until almost smoking. Add the onion and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the paprika, cayenne, cumin and ancho powder and cook for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the mixture becomes thickened and the water reduces. Let cool slightly.
Place the butter in a food processor, add the spice mixture and Worcestershire sauce and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, scrape the mixture into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Bring to room temperature before serving.Herb Butter:
Combine in a food processor and process until smooth.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.